Home » FAQ
A : Make sure you wear weather appropriate clothing and enclosed shoes. All shooting equipment including hearing and eye protection will be provided by Hot Shots Shooting.
A :No. Under WA laws you do not need a licence to shoot at a gun club.
A : For safety reasons we do not allow people to bring their own guns to our group sessions. However we do allow you to bring your own gun to Fully Loaded, Quick Draw and Corporate events.
Shotguns must be either over and under, side by side or semi-automatic, barrel length must be at least 26 inches and must be proofed for modern ammunition.
A :Our minimum age is 12 years. If you are under 18 year a parent or legal guardian must accompany you. There is no maximum age limit.
A :We shoot under a large shelter so you shouldn’t get too wet and it shouldn’t interfere with your enjoyment of the day. The only time we will stop is if there is lightning for safety reasons.
A :Make sure you wear enclosed shoes and clothing that is appropriate for the weather conditions. Please avoid wearing jackets with bulky collars or tops with embellishments on the shoulders as this will interfere with you being able to use the gun properly and may be uncomfortable.
A :No. It is illegal to be in control of a firearm under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Hot Shots Shooting has a zero tolerance policy on drugs or alcohol. If you are suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol you will not be allowed to participate.
A :We hold our events at the world-class facility of West Australian Gun Club. The club is located in the Whiteman Park International Shooting Complex and is just 30 minutes north of Perth’s CBD, Western Australia.
I agree to use Hot Shots Shooting’s equipment, services and facilities in compliance with the Rules on the following terms and conditions:
1. Alcohol consumption or illegal drug use is prohibited prior to and during any clay target shooting activities.
2. Hot Shots Shooting reserves the right to immediately cancel any clay target shooting activities at any time if there is a breach of zero alcohol consumption or illegal drug use or, in the event that Hot Shots Shooting is reasonably of the belief that the zero alcohol consumption or illegal drug use has been breached.
3. Hot Shots Shooting further reserves the right to immediately cancel all clay shooting activities at any time if in the reasonable view of Hot Shots Shooting, a participant or participants is causing danger to or likely to cause danger to that participant, other participants, instructors or the general public within the facility grounds.
4. Hot Shots Shooting reserves the right to cease any shooting event should any participant/s show a blatant disrespect for Hot Shots Shooting staff, equipment or grounds.
5. If a clay target shooting activity has been cancelled in accordance with rules 2, 3 or 4 hereof no refund of any amount paid by any participant of that activity shall be refunded.
6. It is recommended that you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start time of your event. All participants are required to attend the SAFETY BRIEFING, which will be given at the start time of your booking. Should you not be present for the safety briefing you WILL NOT be able to participate.
7. Participants are not permitted to take cartridges (ammunition) from the shooting range. Even empty cartridges are a component of ammunition. Under West Australian firearms legislation you must have a valid firearms license for a 12 gauge shotgun to be in possession of such items.
I am aware that my use of the equipment, services and facilities and in particular the use of shotguns supplied by Hot Shots Shooting for clay target shooting activities can be inherently dangerous and serious accidents can happen and do happen which may result in me being injured or even killed or my property damaged.
Acknowledgement of Risk:
I declare that I have read and understand the risk warning and I accept and assume all such inherent dangers and risks involved in my participation of clay target shooting activities with Hot Shots Shooting.
Release and Indemnity:
I agree that as a term of my participation in the use of Hot Shots Shooting services and clay target shooting activities:
(i) I RELEASE Hot Shots Shooting from all liability howsoever arising from injury or damage howsoever caused arising out of my participation in any clay target shooting activities organised by Hot Shots Shooting of which I am a participant.
(ii) I INDEMNIFY and will keep indemnified Hot Shots Shooting to the extent permitted by law in respect of any claim by any person including but not limited to another participant in the clay target shooting activities arising as a result of or in connection with my participation in any clay target shooting activities or from the use or attempted use by me of any Hot Shots Shooting equipment services and facilities.
I CONSENT to receiving any medical treatment that Hot Shots Shooting reasonably considers necessary or desirable for me during my participation in the clay target shooting activities. I agree to reimburse Hot Shots Shooting for any costs or expenses incurred in providing me with medical treatment.
Hot Shots Shooting enforces a strict “No Alcohol & No Drugs” policy prior and during our sessions. If we believe any participant is under the influence of alcohol or drugs we will refer to our located at the top of the terms and conditions page regarding this matter. Alcohol is permitted only after all participants have completed their shooting and as per clubs license agreement or alcohol consumption rules.
Prohibited Persons: Hot Shots Shooting will not tolerate violent or threatening behavior towards any staff or person/s on the club grounds. Hot Shots Shooting will take the correct action to ensure safety at all times.
Minimum Age: To participate in a Hot Shots Shooting event the minimum age is 12 years old. A parent or legal guardian must accompany all persons under the age of 18.
Dress Code: Clothing appropriate for the day’s forecast is advised. Participants are required to wear flat, closed toe shoes. We provide safety glasses or you can bring your own glasses or corrective lenses.
No singlets, camouflage clothing, or open toed shoes to be worn.
Deliberate damage of firearms and other equipment by participant/s will result in participant/s being held liable for full replacement or repair costs or of damaged equipment.
Credit policy: 20% deposit taken on confirmation of booking for private sessions (Private Experiences, Fully Loaded, Quick Draw and Corporate events). The remaining money owing is to be paid before the commencement of your session.
100% deposit taken on confirmation of public group sessions (Have A Shot and Have A Shot Premium).
Gift Vouchers are valid for 3 years from purchase date and are non refundable or redeemable for cash.
Refunds for cancellation prior to your booking will be subject to our cancellation policy:
If the booking is cancelled within 14 days of the event date the 100% of the deposit will be forfeited.
If the booking is cancelled with 15-30 days prior to the booking date 50% of the deposit will be forfeited. Refunds will be issued within 14 days.
Cancellations prior to 30 days before the booked date will have their deposits returned.
Rescheduling Private Sessions within 10 days will incur a 20% fee for private sessions (Fully Loaded, Quick Draw, Private Experiences and Corporate/Team Building events).
Rescheduling Public Sessions (includes RedBalloon and Adrenaline) within 10 days will incur a $50 fee per participant for public sessions (Have A Shot and Have A Shot Premium).
No refunds given after the commencement an event.
We use 12 gauge shotguns. We find that our over and under shotguns work best for men and our semi-automatic shotgun is best for ladies and juniors as it is lighter and helps to reduce felt recoil.